To save money this summer, be sure to have a licensed contractor perform a tune-up on your air conditioning system. At Overholt, we have a "Home Comfort Club". This will help to make certain that your unit is running at optimal efficiency, which in turn will save you money on cooling bills and keep your system running for years to come.
It is very important perform pre-season checks before extreme weather hits. Regular HVAC preventative maintenance is the best way to ensure trouble-free operation and peak performance.
Some services performed in these checks include:
Checking refrigerant levels
Replacing dirty filters
Ensuring that coils are clean
Lubricating moving part
There are also simple things YOU can do to cut cooling costs and avoid unnecessarily overworking your system. These include:
* Setting the thermostat at the highest temperature that you are comfortable with.
* On days with moderate temperatures, don’t use you’re A/C unnecessarily.
* Draw blinds or drapes to block the sunlight during the hottest part of the day.
* Don’t run kitchen and bath exhaust fans longer than necessary.
* Don't place lamps, TV sets or other heat-producing devices beneath a wall-mounted thermostat. Rising heat from that equipment may cause the air conditioning system to over-cool your house.
* Make sure attics are adequately ventilated to relieve heat buildup. If necessary, improve airflow by adding or enlarging vents.
* Install awnings over windows exposed to direct sunlight.
We hope that these tips are beneficial to you this season, and that you will consider contacting us when in need of professional services!